Monday, August 12, 2013

Roxanne's TOP TEN Things NOT To Say To A Celiac!



Friends and Family Disclaimer:  All of these came from you.  Don't try and deny it.  I promise I won't call you out on it but go ahead and take a guess. I'm sure you can remember what you said :) Let's just be glad we can laugh about it now!

Drum Roll...


1.  I really think this is something you made up.  Nobody else in the family has it. 

2.  Just say screw it and take a small bite.  What's the worst that could happen?


3.  Aren't you being a little extreme about this cross contamination stuff?

4.  Mmm...this bagel is so good.  You don't know what you're missing!


5.  Damn! That sucks! What can you eat?!


6.  We didn't invite you to the BBQ cause you can't eat anything anyway.


7.  It's 
just an allergy right? Take a Benadryl or something.

8.  I was hungry so I borrowed some of your gfree food.  


9.  Neat! Are you doing the gfree diet? Is it like low carb?


10. I'm really proud of you! You're really getting into this whole gluten free thing.  


And the bonus one that always scares the beejeezus outta me:

I made this especially for you.  It's Gluten Free!

I have great friends and family.  I really do.  For the most part everyone has come a long way from these statements.   Most of them...LOL

No comments: